$18,000/ year for 2 years to a Doctoral level student conducting research on issues relevant to military members, Veterans and families.
One scholarship awarded annually to a PhD candidate who demonstrates excellence in their proposed research while exhibiting significant potential for a high impact career in a military, Veteran and family health research.
More Canadian research is needed to address the health and well-being issues over the life-course of individuals and families of those who serve and have served, as related to occupational exposures, experiences and environment. These may include health consequences - physical, mental and social - that are unique in their nature, magnitude, long-term effects, delayed presentation, and trans-generational implications. Preference is given to students studying at one of CIMVHR’s 45 partner Universities; to Canadian students; and/or to reservists, where applicable.
- Be registered as a full-time student, entering the 3rd year of a Doctoral program, or in the final 2 years of a PhD program or a combined MA/PhD, fast track and direct-entry PhD program.
- Be doing research that considers the unique context of service and that is of significant potential importance to improving the physical, mental health, or wellbeing of military or Veteran populations or their families (the beneficiary populations).
- Have completed their comprehensive exams.
- Have received ethics approval for their research.
- Submit two written evaluations from referees.
- Apply before 12PM on September 4, 2019.
The successful candidate is expected to
- Attend Forum 2019 in Ottawa to receive the award (travel expenses incurred are eligible scholarship.
- Meet wounded Veterans to ensure a better understanding of the impact of their work (facilitated by Wounded Warriors).
- Complete a Progress Report Form at the end of Year 1. Year 2 funding is contingent on this report.
- Submit an abstract to present research at an MVHR Forum in the final year of their PhD, and acknowledge CIMVHR and Wounded Warriors Canada as sources of funding.
For inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Wounded Warriors Canada visit: www.woundedwarriors.ca