- Tara Collins, University of Calgary, for her research An Understanding of Residing with a Military Member with PTSD.
- Ms. Linna Tam-Seto, Queen’s University, for her research on Enhancing health care providers' capacity to work effectively with Canadian military and Veteran families: A cultural competency model.
- Ms. Helena Hawryluk, University of Calgary, for her research on adolescents living on a Canadian
Armed Forces Base who are experiencing reintegration to long-term parental separation post Afghanistan.
- Ms. Celina Shirazipour, Queen's University, for her research on Sport participation among military
veterans with physical impairments.
- Mr. Duncan Shields, University of British Columbia, for his research on improving the mental
health and well-being of military and Veteran populations by increasing access to and engagement in services through "culturally" appropriate practice.
For more information on Mr. Shields' research:
CIMVHR Newsletter, Issue 11
- Kelly Chen-McDonagh, Queen’s University, for her research Investigating the Benefits of Psychiatric Service Dogs and Companion Dogs for Canadian Armed Force (CAF) Members Diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Mr. Jeremiah Buhler, University of Manitoba, for his research on Efficacy of Online Chronic Pain for Military, RCMP, and Veterans: A Randomized Control Trial.
- Ms. Ashleigh Forsyth, Queen's University, for her research that addresses important issues in the
mental health and well-being of military Veterans.
- Former Reservist Brigitte Phinney, Carleton University, for her research on The role of social support and coping in the positive mental health of Reservists having been deployed to Afghanistan.
- Dr. Benjamin Dunkley, The Hospital for Sick Kids & University of Toronto, for his research Perception of Emotional Faces Induces Fear Circuit Hyper Connectivity in Soldiers with PTSD with Taylor, M.J., PhD; Wong, S., BSc ; Shah-Basak, P., PhD; Jetly, R., MD3 ; and Pang, E.W., PhD.
Forum 2017 Abstracts - p. 7
- Dr. Christian Kastrup, University of British Columbia, for his research titled Self-propelling Particles that Stop Severe Haemorrhage in Swine by Transporting Tranexamic Acid and Thrombin through Flowing Blood.
Forum 2016 Abstracts - p. 9
- Dr. Deniz Fikretoglu, DRDC, for her research titled Perceived Need for Mental Health Care in Canadian Military and Civilian Populations: Implications for Workplace Mental Health.
For more information on Dr. Fikretoglu's research:
Forum 2015 Abstracts - p. 14
- Dr. Mark Zamorski, DND Directorate of Mental Health, for his research titled Sitting on a Gold
Mine: The 2013 Canadian Armed Forces Cross-sectional Mental Health Survey Dataset.
For more information on Dr. Zamorski' research:
Forum 2013 Abstracts - p. 20
CIMVHR Newsletter, Issue 7 - p. 2
- Dr. Jacqueline Hebert, University of Alberta, for her research titled A Novel Method to Provide
Sensory Feedback and Improve Function of Myoelectric Prostheses after Upper Limb Amputation.
For more information on Dr. Hebert's research:
Forum 2012 Abstracts - p. 18
CIMVHR Newsletter, Issue 4 - p. 3
- Dr. Jitender Sareen, University of Manitoba, for his research titled Adverse Childhood Experiences in Relation to Mood and Anxiety Disorders in a Population-Based Sample of Active Military Personnel.
For more information on Dr. Sareen's research:
CIMVHR Newsletter, Issue 1 - p. 3
- Daniel Cousineau-Short, University of Waterloo, for his research Fractures in the Canadian Armed Forces: Operational Impact, Cost and Opportunities for Injury Prevention with Hawes, R.A., PhD (Cand); and Theriault, F., PhD (Cand).
Forum 2017 Abstracts - p. 48
- Ms. Rachael Gribble, Kings College London, for her presentation titled The Well-being of UK Military Spouses during Military Relocation: Influences on Identity, Agency and Connectedness.
Forum 2016 Abstracts - p. 65
- Ms. Linna Tam-Seto, Queen's University, for her presentation An Environmental Scan of Programs and Services for Families of Veterans with Operational Stress Injuries.
For more information on Ms. Tam-Seto's research:
Forum 2015 Abstracts - p. 56
- Noel Lipana, University of Southern California, for his research Treating Moral Injury and Posttraumatic Stress: Exploring a Model That Works with Graeser, N., MDiv; and MSW, DSW (Cand).
Forum 2017 Abstracts - p. 3
- Dr. Allison Feduccia, Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, for her presentation titled MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy for Treatment of Chronic PTSD: Findings from MAPS-sponsored Phase 2 Clinical Research Trials.
Forum 2016 Abstracts - p. 24
- Dr. Craig Bryan, the National Center for Veterans Studies and the University of Utah, for his presentation Brief Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Prevent Suicide Attempts in the Military.
For more information on Dr. Bryan's research:
Forum 2015 Abstracts - p. 21
- Alyson Mahar, Queen’s University, for her research A Comparison of Mental Health Services use in Older Dependents and Spouses of Service Personnel in the Canadian Armed Forces to Age and Sex Matched Civilian Comparison Cohort with Cramm, H., PhD; Whitehead, M., MStat; Groome, P., PhD; Kurdyak, P., MD, PhD; Aiken, A.B., PhD.
Forum 2017 Abstracts - p. 8
- Dr. Heidi Cramm, Queen’s University, and her team, Dr. Garth Smith, Dr. Dawa Samdup, Ms. Ashley Williams and Ms. Lucia Ruhland for their work, Navigating Healthcare Systems for Military-connected Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Qualitative Study of Military Families Experiencing Mandatory Relocation
Forum 2016 Abstracts - p. 17
- Dr. Alla Skomorovsky, DND, for her presentation Work-Family Conflict and Well-being among Single Parents in CAF: The Role of Coping.
For more information on Dr. Skomorovsky’s research:
Forum 2015 Abstracts - p. 52
- Donna Pickering, Department of National Defence, for her research, A Qualitative Analysis of Factors Affecting Canadian Army Reservists Wellbeing with D’Agata, M., MSc; Blackler, K., MSc; Nazarov, A., PhD; and Richardson, M. LCol, MA.
Forum 2017 Abstracts - p. 70
- Ms. Alyson Mahar, Queen’s University and King’s College London, for her presentation titled Canadian Public Opinion of the Armed Forces
Forum 2016 Abstracts - p. 78
- Ms. Andrea Stelnicki and Dr. Kelly Schwartz, University of Calgary, for their poster How Children Respond to OSI: Social, Emotional, and Behavioural Outcomes in Children of Military Parents.
For more information on Ms. Stelnicki and Dr. Schwartz's research:
Forum 2015 Abstracts - p. 64
- Richard M. Gray and Frank Bourke, for their article Remediation of intrusive symptoms of PTSD in fewer than five sessions: a 30-person pre-pilot study of the RTM Protocol.
JMVFH Vol. 1, No. 2